So Nikhil Venkatesa presented me with the Leibster Award!
Thank you, Nikhil for this kind gesture! It is a proud moment and I am honoured to receive it on behalf of my blog, for I believe half of the posts here write themselves up through me! :D
This is no simple award as there apparently are a few rules that go with the Leibster Award. I'm pasting them here. If I have nominated you for the award, then, once you have accepted the award, here's what you do:
List 11 random facts about you.
Answer the questions that were asked of you (by the blogger that nominated you).
Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs.
Notify the bloggers of their award.
Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
11 random facts about me
1) I love coffee and love people who love coffee. I love tea, as well. But coffee *always* wins!
2) I buy too many books and have a huge pile I have not finished reading! *shamefaced
3) I love the water. Love the feeling of floating in the pool! It is truly the most exhilarating feeling I have ever felt.
4) Blogging gives me calm and solace.
5) I want to be a writer with many published books under my name. Someday!
6) I cannot imagine my life without the influences of L.M.Montgomery, Michael Ondaatje, J.K.Rowling, Enid Blyton, A.R.Rahman, Rahul Dravid, Audrey Hepburn and a few others.
7) I want to travel. I lust after travelling all across the world. I cannot WAIT for this to begin. I want to roam streets, shoot, sketch, talk, write. *sigh*
8) People first. Always! However, I totally believe in retail therapy.
9) I want to attempt adventure sports. Do everything that scares the shit out of me- bungee jump, deep sea diving, para gliding etc.
10) I wish to learn to play cricket, learn one dance form, play one instrument, learn to sing Hindustani music, speak-write-understand-read fluently in Malayala, Bengali, Spanish, French and Urdu. (Wistful thinking, I know!)
11) I don't believe in arranged marriages. I believe in love, prince charming, fairy tale-romance and happily-ever-afters. I strongly still believe I'll find love. Some day. Some way.
11 Questions From Nikhil
What’s the worst nightmare you’ve had?
Cannot recall. I remember pleasant dreams more vividly.
What time of the day do you prefer to write?
Ebooks or Paperbacks?
Paperbacks, without a doubt.
Do you follow the news and current affairs closely?
I wish I did. But I do not.
Keyboard or Pen and Paper?
Pen and Paper. But I don't mind the keyboard.
What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Loads to list. I hope there is more craziness to come!
What is one movie you can watch throughout a single day over and over again?
When it’s raining, would you run through it or stand and enjoy it?
One followed by the other.
Do you cook?
How many drafts are stuck in creative procrastination on your blog?
Has blogging made you a better person somehow?
11 blogs I nominate for the Liebster Blog Award
Phantom Limb by Anoodha Kunnath
The Moody Kettle by Mayank Bisht
The Angelwitch Diaries by Arpita Bohra
The Old Drifter by Allen Shaw
Prav Unplugged by Praveen Krishnamoorthy
Medium Boss by Gounder Brownie
Yellow Soul Porridge by Lavanya Naidu
What-Kaveri-Seas by Kaveri Gopalakrishnan
Soup by Bibi Sarkar
Ulti Chappal and other blogs by frowningglory
phbbt by Shreyas.R.Krishnan
11 Questions to my nominees
List 11 facts about why you blog/write/sketch and how it has helped you over the years. (Yes, I can't come up with 11 questions! :P)